Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Would you say Dior?

In my advertising class we were talking about an "evoked set". Essentially, the first brands that come to mind when you say a generic product. IE: soft drinks - what do you think of first? Coke, Pepsi, Dr.Pepper?

My professor used mascara as her generic product and then asked another student what her evoked set would be. She answered in this order: Dior, Chanel, Lancome, Nars, Mac and Estee Lauder. Dior, really? Coming from the person whose makeup routine involves Hello Kitty chapstick, I may not be in a position to represent the "average consumer" but come on, MABELINE anyone!?!

Clearly I do not have a sophisticated evoked set.

My daily makeup routine:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, PUH-LEASE! This girl obviously doesnt know that Mabeline is the world-dominator of mascara sales. Duh. That green and pink tube? About as instantly recognizable as the Golden Arches!