Tuesday, April 22, 2008

La Vie Bohème - Someday?


I know that I suffer from an insanely neurotic sense of self. I know this. I know that I'm hyper aware of all my flaws, idiosyncrasies and oddities in almost all social situations. I know I often try to be something I'm soooo not. I think we all remember my short-lived desires to be a hipster, a pirate and for those of you with excellent memories, a "bohème". And underneath all my self deprecation thrives a pretty healthy ego. So I find myself wondering...could I/will I ever be cool??

Are the people who we (collectively) think are genuinely cool actually just people who've made peace with their dorkiness OR are they blissfully unaware OR do they try as hard as I do only they're just more successful? Hard to tell. Time spent worrying about coolness = decidedly uncool. I know.

To La Vie Bohème - Salut!

No comments: