Friday, June 20, 2008

I can only hope...

To look this good at age...wait. Oh, 57.

So, funny story. I've been buying French "Glamour" to read while I eat breakfast. (I MUST have a magazine or catalog to read at breakfast. Don't ask me why, chalk it up to one of my many weird peccadillos.) This magazine is perfect because I can't gobble it up in a sitting. I usually average about two pages a breakfast. Ok, back to the lesson at hand. This morning, as I paged through Glamour, they did a retrospective on Richard Avedon (iconic photographer, 1923-2004) and then showed this self portrait from 1980: In my bleary-eyed, half awake state I was shocked and thought, "Wow. WOW! He looks GREAT!! For 77??" Then, I thought more about it and was like, "duh, heather - he's 67." And now, as I write this...I realize 57. He's 57. And now my, "WOW!! I hope I look that good at 77" is more like, "eh...he looks ok." Kidding. Google him. His photos are amazing. Powerful. Elegant.

No comments: