Sunday, August 24, 2008

Have you ever...

...had a song running through your head? How about forever? And this isn't the same as being able to recall the lyrics and melody of a song instantaneously. As is my talent for the entire first verse of "I wish I was a little bit taller" by Skee Lo or "Shoop" by Salt-N-Pepa. No. This is different.

I've always been able to hum the melody to "The Morning Papers" by Prince. I swear. If I had a gun to my head, I know I could do it. It's always there...subconsciously. Weird. I know. I've even remembered the line, "Every schoolboy's fantasy she was..." but I've never (until today) known the exact Prince song it belonged to, or even if the song actually existed. For a while, I wondered if it was a figment of my imagination. Turns out, it's not. With the help of some creative googling and my new iTunes account, I discovered a long lost treasure just waiting to be shared with the world. Unfortunately, (or should I say fortunately?) I can't figure out how to post songs on my blog (a la Perez) and so I found this sweet video of a dude playing drums. It's still pretty rad. Dontcha just love Prince!?

No comments: