Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I left my heart in San Francisco...


I just got back from San Francisco/California Wine country. I have a few friends in that part of the world and jumped on the opportunity to explore. It was, in a word, lovely.

My dear friend L lives in Cloverdale (the furthest town in Sonoma County) with her husband B and enchanting baby girl, V. It was great to catch up, share a bit of her life - homemade baby food, playing in the park with baby V and an energetic pup, hot tea in the town square. B's job is to make delicious wine the view's not too bad either!

Then it was off to Cavallo Point in Sausalito for my friend, C's wedding. Gorgeous. It sort of reminds you of the lodge they stay at in Dirty Dancing right?
I love weddings. And not because they usually involve my 3 favorite foods; champagne, butter in fancy shapes and cake. It's pretty awesome to see your friends at one of the most joyful times in their lives. The giddiness, the tears, the heartfelt toasts, the looks between bride and groom...I could keep going. I am THAT cheesy. I love weddings and this one was no exception. The bride was effervescent - she was bubbly and sparkling. And the excitement and admiration you could see between both the newlyweds and their families was quite tender and sweet. I can't wait to go back. Well, I need to pick up my heart, anyway...

Bisous!

No comments: