Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm a Sucker for a Bargain

Here's the deal (pun intended) there are so many flash sales and daily discount websites out there it can be overwhelming. Trust me, I know. Here's an abbreviated list of some of the shopping emails I get daily:

daily candy deals
groupon
gilt
ideeli
zozi
lifebooker
fab

...just to name a few. *Wink! I rarely purchase anything, mainly because I always feel a little awkward handing in my coupon. But sometimes the savings can be irresistibly substantial.

$4 for a manicure?! Why, thank you! I shall!
$25 for a month of unlimited yoga?! Don't mind if I do!

A trick? I don't consider it a true bargain if it's any %-age less than 50% off. I think that's something my mom told me and I still believe it. Also, I file confirmation emails into folders; bills, library notices, dr. apts, travel, shopping (obvi), etc... That way, I don't have to wade through a bazillion emails to find what I'm looking for when it's time to redeem/track/check when my library books are due. I know. Earth-shattering. Brilliant. I should be on TV.

Bisous!

PS - the pic of the "overwhelmed shopper" above is from this charming Etsy Site where all the dolls are needle felted by hand. AH! The shopping possibilities are endless!

No comments: