Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Magical Moments

My alarm buzzed at 5:51AM this morning.  I know what you're thinking. But I've fallen off the work-out-wagon lately (with noticeable, ummm...results) and so my friend, S and I arranged to hit the gym this morning at the are-you-kidding-me-6:30AM-?! start time.  I don't mind mornings, but 6:30? It hurts. Unless...you get to bike through Prospect Park.

From CityBirder

There's this notorious hill in the park, trust me, it's wicked.  But right when you're (I'm?) about to give up and die, you reach this gentle curve and if you look down to your left, betwixt the hours of 5 & 9AM you might see something pretty magical: dogs running wild and free.  It's one of those things that I never really paid much attention to before. I don't own a dog and living in Brooklyn, you see them all the time - they're everywhere.  But this summer, I went with a friend and her gorgeous dog, Addy to Central Park during off-leash hours and it was breathtaking (and terrifying) to see these animals run and frolic as fast as they can.  And so, I like to think that my reward for the early morning wake-up/miserable incline are playful pups.

From Dogercise (seriously)

Photo by Joseph O. Holmes from The Year in Pictures

Bisous!!





No comments: