Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sex and the City = WHY?

So GOOD! Loved it! It was funny, it was nostalgic, it was fierce! I. Loved. It. Then why - WHY do I hesitate to have my mom see it!? Because, well...she's my MOM!
As for all the haters out there (NYTimes) get over yourselves. As for the scandal with the Nina Ricci dress...Olivier Theyskans should be ashamed of himself. I think it's a very big deal. This is WHY...

Parker told the NYTimes (Cathy Horyn) “In the big picture, this is not important, but there is a relationship between the entertainment industry and fashion. We’ve watched sales dwindle and we’ve watched people be less inclined to spend money on clothes.” For the silly bloggers out there who interpret SJP's comments about "sales" to literally mean the $10,000 dress, you're crazy and naive. 1st - If I'm paying ten thousand dollars for a dress you better believe it will be a one of a kind. Dur. 2nd - Nina Ricci's brand was given measurable credibility (literally - I'm sure their PR interns have a spreadsheet somewhere) by having a fashion/cultural icon photographed in their dress. Wearing said dress to the US premier of SATC gave the house the sort of lasting brand equity that is really immeasurable. The sort of brand equity lots of designers would kill for and Olivier Theyskens lied about to get. Lame. My question: WHY didn't she know in the first place!? Doesn't she read Style.com or Harper's Bazaar?? I'd totally loan her my copy!

No comments: